Sunday, September 18, 2011

Whats up with my diet?

As I stated in the first post, my diet is rather strict.

It is also why the first word of this blog's title is "Caveman".

Had enough suspense? I eat paleolithic-style (caveman):
  • Nothing processed
  • No grains what-so-ever
  • No refined sugar
  • No dairy
  • No starchy vegetables (i.e. corn, white potatoes, and legumes)
So what does that leave?

  • Meat in all its forms (eggs, beef, pork, fowl, shellfish, ect.)
  • Non-starchy vegetables
  • Fruits
  • Nuts and seeds
  • Flowers (well, the edible ones at least)
  • Fermented foods
  • Healthy fats (like extra virgin olive oil, bacon grease, and coconut oil)
So why do I eat this way?

At first it was because it made sense and all the newest research points to it being the healthiest way to eat. However, once I changed my diet, I came to a realization: The past 8 years that I had digestive and colon issues daily was not normal. In other words, I realized I have Celiac's Disease, as well as being allergic to lactose and milk proteins (meaning I cannot even consume lactose-free dairy items). I also get painful headaches when I consume corn syrup, which I used to think were just normal. I cant eat non-paleolithic even if I tried, unless, of course, I wanted to spend a good chunk of my time in the bathroom having digestive issues while being unable to breathe.

If you want to learn more about this, you can check out my other blog: http://retrospectivecaveman.blogspot.com/p/paleo-primal-101.html

No comments:

Post a Comment